Want more quality candidate leads? Most every organization does. And as a recruitment marketer, you probably know that the simplest way to generate more leads is to boost your conversion rates. Getting more people to click a link, download a resource, sign up for a talent network – it sounds simple, but that isn’t always the case. It’s essential to test your calls-to-action (CTAs), content and subject lines for targeted audiences to understand what works and what doesn’t.
If you want to increase conversion rates for your digital recruiting campaigns – whether talent network signups, email opens, or applications – here are some creative ideas.
Get more email opens.
- Make a great first impression. Thirty-five percent of email recipients open email based on subject line alone. There are a ton of data-backed best practices out there, but my personal tip: be transparent about the value you provide. Excite and intrigue, but don’t over-promise.
- Be human. Who do your emails come from? Do they come from the company itself, a real person or do you change it up? Sender name can also play a big role in opens. Test and see what works best for your audience.
- Know when to send. Does a certain time of day lead to more opens for recruiter outreach, LinkedIn messages or talent network emails? Plenty of research has been done on the subject, but there’s no substitute for doing your own. Get out there and A/B test!
Get more candidate leads or job applicants.
- Reduce the barrier to entry. Have you ever tried applying to a job at your company, just to see what it’s like? If the process is frustrating, lengthy and requires so much typing your fingers ache, you’re doing it wrong. Locate sources of friction in your application and streamline them – or get rid of them altogether.
- Test job titles. What you think might sound enticing might just be confusing. Will it be found in search? Will candidates know what the role means? One SmashFly customer found that using a clearer and more attractive title resulted in 46% more applicants.
Get more clicks.
- Test your CTAs. Boosting clicks can be as simple as tweaking your call-to-action. For example, including the word “my,” as in, “save my seat,” may result in more clicks because it’s personalized. Forget boring, old “submit” and try different words to fuel excitement and urgency.
- Make sure your CTAs are seen. What color buttons do you use on your website? Believe it or not, it can make a difference. So can typeface, font size and location of the button on the page. In this post, Neil Patel details a ton of ways to make your CTA more appealing.
- Be transparent. Nobody likes clickbait. Be real with your audience about the value you can provide. Set expectations and deliver on them; you’ll gain your audience’s trust and that means more clicks in the long run.
The most important thing you can do to boost your digital recruiting campaign conversion rates is to test everything. Do more of what works for you – and less of what doesn’t.